To check the version of Google Chrome installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome: Launch Google Chrome by clicking on its icon in the Start menu (Windows) or the Applications folder (Mac).
- Access the Chrome Menu: Look for the three vertical dots (Customize and control Google Chrome) located at the top-right corner of the Chrome window.
- Click on “Help”: In the Chrome menu, hover your cursor over “Help” to open a submenu.
- Check for “About Google Chrome”: In the “Help” submenu, you should see an option called “About Google Chrome.” Click on it.
- View the Version Information: A new tab will open, and Chrome will automatically check for updates. The version number of Google Chrome will be displayed on this page.
The version number will be listed under the “Google Chrome” heading, typically in the format “Google Chrome [Version Number].”
Please note that the exact steps and menu names might vary slightly depending on the version of Google Chrome you are using, but the general process remains the same for most versions.